About the Walk & Run
Hit the pavement for a good cause! Now in its sixth year, the OPS Walk & Run for the United Way has quickly become a favourite fundraising tradition in the OPS – growing to include 21 regions across the province! This event is one of the highest-earning charitable events as part of the OPS United Way campaign, with a remarkable over $700,000 raised in just five years, with 2,300 employees participating last year. Fun, inclusive and accessible, the OPS Walk & Run event promotes health and wellness as it unites thousands of employees across the public service to fundraise for the United Way.
Regional Walk & Run events will take place throughout the fall, and the Queen’s Park event will be held on Friday, October 26.
events across Ontario
Queen’s Park Walk & Run
- The Queen’s Park event will take place on October 26, 2018. Location to be confirmed.
- Come join us again this year for our annual Community Cookout!
- This year we will bringing back the ‘Cool Down Zone’ with music, raffles, prizes and other great activities.
- See and be seen! Last year included the attendance of Secretary of Cabinet, Steve Orsini.
Regional Walk & Runs
- The OPS Walk & Run would not be a success if it weren’t for the support of the regional champions taking the lead to organize their own Walk & Runs within the regions.
- In 2017, 21 events took place across the province. This year, we hope to surpass that number!
- Interested in championing an event in your region? We can provide you with the logistical and communication support to ensure that your Walk & Run is set up for success.
- For more information, go to our Locations page or email us at email@example.com